A Southern girl cooking without dairy and cream?! Surprise! It can happen! My son has always had an allergy to dairy (and soy- which is in EVERYTHING). I had to reprogram the way I cook for us, but it has been so worth it for our family. We eat much better than we did before Lincoln was born.
These muffins have become our favorites! They’re SOY FREE, DAIRY FREE, GLUTEN FREE, REFINED SUGAR FREE and can easily become VEGAN.
*these do contain nuts! You can substitute almond milk for coconut milk and cocoa powder for the powdered peanut butter to make nut free
- 2 c. Old fashioned oats (gluten free)
- 3 Tbsp flax meal
- 3 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp chocolate powdered peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 2 eggs ( can be substituted for 1/2 c of applesauce)
- 3 Tbsp honey (can be substituted for agave nectar if vegan)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 c almond milk
- 1/2- 3/4 c add in of your choice ( we love raisins, blueberries or chocolate chips)
Pulse flax, chia seeds, powdered peanut butter and 1 cup of the oats in a food processor until it makes a “flour”
Combine remaining dry ingredients with “flour” in a large bowl
Add in all remaining ingredients. Allow mixture to rest for 10 mins before scooping into muffin tin
Scoop mix into lined muffin tin and bake at 350 for 20 mins.